Friday 20/11 -08



West Ham quickly got the lead 1-0, but then Darren Ward intercepted a West Ham pass and played it up the pitch to James Henry, who dribbled out to the corner flag and set up a sweeper to Zak Whitbread. Whitbread curled the ball into the bottom-right corner and there’s no way that the goalkeeper could be the scapegoat for that goal. The shot was brill marvelous!
That goal caused my Lions to turn up a gear and we were all sucked right into the genius plays displayed. It was as if Teddy Sheringham, Steven Reid and Cahill himself temporary occupied our eleven players. It didn’t take long until Morison lifted us up into the lead by a volley that hit the crossbar, bounced on a defender and then the net.
The tide has turned, now Millwall was on top. West Ham had been taken down to earth. Even though it’s still all to play for, the I.F.C had enough of the game and stormed the pitch. Hundreds of hooligans poured into and discolored the tip-top shape grass of the Den. This was obviously unforgiving and redemption had to be delivered. Me being the top banana I am, I took the funnel from Wez and made a row:
• “I.F.C, You’r dead Wazzacks walking!”
Mad as a box of frogs, we joined the I.F.C into the pitch. The first punch I handed out was to some moneybag in whistle and flute. He’s bound to drive around with a big mars bar in his mush in his flash car for a long while. Our anthem echoed in half of London that day.
“No One Likes Us, No One Likes Us, No One Likes Us – We Don't Care!
We Are Millwall, Super Millwall, We Are Millwall From The Den!
No One Likes Us, No One Likes Us, No One Likes Us – We Don't Care!
We Are Millwall, Super Millwall, We Are Millwall From The Den!”
Matches have come thick and fast this week and two giant fights for me. I can’t believe I written all this flim-flam during this last week. But I’m happy that I did. This was the week of the century. This was the week of my life.
Slang dictionary:
• coming thick and fast - många på inom kort tidsspann
• Top Bannana - Auktoritet
• make a row - Väsnas
• Wazzacks - Idiot
• Mad as a box of frogs - Språngande galen
• Moneybags - Snobb
• Whistle and flute - Uppkläd i kostym
• Mars bar - Ärr

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar